Acknowledgement is a lovely thing. When I started blogging in 2008, the first post I sent out into the blogosphere was intended for my family, a way for me to share the moments of my expat life with those across the other side of the world. But I got two comments – some kind words of support and encouragement – and suddenly a whole world opened up. 626 posts and nine years later I still wonder at you all – in a marvellously nice way that is. That you actually want to read my warblings on life is humbling and I am grateful for every time you visit and leave your mark whether it’s by following, liking, leaving a comment or just hanging out incognito.
Earlier this week I popped into Gidday from the UK ‘s back office to follow up on a few email notifications. I had a few comments to reply to and I wanted to return any post ‘likes’ by having a nosey around the latest posts of those very likers. Anyway, I got a lovely surprise. A nod from new Gidday-er, Rupali who blogs over at Full of Dreams, who had nominated me for a Unique Blogger Award.
Acknowledgement never gets old (even after 626 posts) so Rupali, thank you.
Rupali’s blog is full of dreams – her dreams – and the masthead says it all…
“A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities.”
Her posts capture moments and explore how the smallest things can change one’s day and make a difference. You can pop over, have a squiz and say gidday here…
Rupali’s also asked me three questions…
- What is the best thing about writing that you love? It’s definitely the ability to relive a moment through writing about it.
- Name one of the blogs from your collection that you love and why? Memories of Nanjing because it captures a memory, a moment of unspoken acknowledgement in the most unexpected place. Even when I read it just now, I could still feel the thick warmth of the night air on the back of my neck and see the flowers appearing beneath her fingers.
- What do you prefer more, Reading or Writing? Oh dear, it’s reading. I’m a bit addicted…
Rupali finishes each post by admonishing us to ‘never lose that smile’. Well if you’ve been following Gidday from the UK for a while, you’ll know how I feel about creating moments of joy. So I’m sending this award on its way in the hopes of paying a little joy forward…
10 blogs that I love are:
- Chaotic Shapes
- Trash on the Monocacy
- Perking the Pansies
- Expat Edna
- My One Beautiful Thing
- Pelky Sisters
- Are You Happy?
- Flirting with the Globe
Bloggers, your mission, should you choose to accept it (otherwise known as the rules for this award)…
- Share the link of the blogger who has shown love to you by nominating you.
- Answer my 3 questions:
- What was your first ever blog post about? Don’t pretty it up peeps, mine was about turtles.
- If you weren’t blogging/reading this blog right now, what would – or should – you be doing? The list is long…but probably eating.
- Name one of the blogs from your collection that you love and why? I am stealing this question from Rupali because it made me smile the most.
- In the spirit of sharing smiles and moments of joy, nominate 8-13 bloggers for the same award.
- And ask them 3 questions of your own.
Seriously peeps, acknowledgement is so good for the soul and we can all find a little time to give a nod to someone who brings something beautiful, thoughtful, joyful to our day.
So please share the bloggers that you love and keep spreading the word[s].